Refereeing Lacrosse...West Grey needs you!
- Becoming a referee is a great way to give back to the sport of lacrosse while earning some good money and getting some exercise. All minor lacrosse games must be officated by two certified referees.
- Opportunity to ref home games in West Grey (Durham Arena) and also other centres (with travel reimbursement) if you are able to travel.
- Must be turning 14 years of age by Dec. 31, 2019.
- All referees that are 18 years of age by Jan. 1, 2019 must have a Criminal Record Check done.
- Must be familiar with the game and rules of Box Lacrosse.
- Must attend the referee clinic yearly to continue to be certified (but will be reimbursed after reffing a certain number of home games)
- Must contact the Referee-in-chief if you are interested in reffing (Contact Cara Croll: email@example.com)
- Watch for clinics in Feb-April 2019:
- Each home game must have a score/game time keeper and a offensive time-keeper (30 second shot clock).
- Must be 12 years old by Dec. 31, 2019.
- Earn high school volunteer credit hours
- Training provided!
- NEW for 2019! Looking for a timekeeper to be responsible for all home games and to help train other volunteers. Paid position. Please contact the RIC if interested: firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking for a to coordinate referees and timekeepers for 2019!
Booking refs is easy using the Horizon Webref system. Training provided. Please contact us if you are interested.