These programs will be offered based on sufficient registrations.
Volunteers Needed-please indicate if you can help on your child’s registration. No experience necessary and training will be provided.
The focus on these groups is fundamentals, maximum ball contact, and fun!
Soft Lacrosse (age 4, born 2015)
See program description below. Floor time shared with Paperweights.
Non-contact. Soft balls used.
Equipment: helmet with cage, hockey-type gloves, mouthguard, stick and running shoes. Players can wear full equipment if they choose.
Paperweight (ages 5 & 6, born 2013 & 2014)
- Once a week practices (about 45 minutes) starting in May until early July (10 week program) out of the Durham Arena
- Local program, no travel
- Focuses on basic skills and fundamentals
- Full lacrosse equipment required
- Program will begin with skills and work towards small game play
- Opportunity to play in an exhibition game and/or house league tournament at the end of the season (Paperweight ages only).